Saturday, August 15, 2015

We're All Doing Time...









Take a look at this trailer from a remarkable film about a group of men who dared to go deep within themselves to take responsibility, and ultimately, find a taste of freedom from where they were, and who they saw themselves as.



I've been training and testing this past year to work with those in the system through the Path of Freedom program and am now humbled and excited to be working with a group of young men in the Dekalb Juvenile System.  While I have my hopes as to how this program and practice can help these young men, I can already say, it's doing some powerful things for me personally.  I only hope I can return the gifts as I get more comfortable and seasoned as a facilitator.


The full-length documentary "The Dhamma Brothers" is available from Netflix, and can also be found on YouTube at the following link:


Dhamma Brothers full movie (Greek subs) - YouTube


It's a compelling story and serves to remind us that "We're All Doing Time" in our own way.  How we respond to those circumstances defines the story of our lives.

No comments: